Friday, May 18, 2012

been a bit...

Woah! I have not been on here a while! I was waiting for the page to load so I could start typing, and I realized it's already loaded! haha...so i guess it's catch up time! I'm living in Houston, currently renting a room from an old retired Colombian couple, and working at Walmart. Walmart's consuming a lot of my time, so I hardly get online, let alone blog. So I've made some great friends at Walmart and some of them have or are soon leaving and thank goodness some of my original friends are still there. Sure, there are a few people that I genuinely just don't really like, but for the most part, because I'm a pretty freaking friendly person, I'm at least a friendly acquaintance to most of the people with whom I work. Anyway...to get to the point. A few months ago, I made friends with an LDS mom, named Fausta, and we got along really well. So about...mmm idk, time just flies by at walmart, but after some time, she found a better job for a working mom (married!!) at a bank but it's all the way by The Galleria mall, about 20ish miles from where I live. Sure, I get good mileage on my car, but not that great! lol...so yesterday Fausta came in with her family, and it was the first time that I saw her since she left. So, naturally, I freaked...haha...but the exciting news is that, the bank that she's working at is hiring! She gave me her number and if I want the job, I'll give her a call and she'll get me an interview. I've yet to talk this over with my parents, but I was talking with another great friend that I've made at walmart (also a mom...lol, I kinda just get along really well with moms!), and she was agreeing with me when I mentioned a quote my mom has pointed out to me recently: "Everything you want is just out of your comfort zone" ...or something like that. I've never been too good at quoting verbatim...lol. So essentially, I'm thinking about taking this leap of faith for a full-time job at a bank. So, despite the fact that I haven't been on here, I couldn't forget the song for a blog rule I've got. This is one of my favorite songs right now (yup, love of music, definitely not gone in all these crazy daily changes!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic&ob=av2n :-} love it!! Call me Maybe. ~erinnnnn

No comments:

Post a Comment