Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Katy Perry newfound respect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0BWlvnBmIE So yesterday I met one of my awesome friends that I met via allstar weekend. Her name's Kaleena and she texted me yesterday telling me of a special showing of the new Katy Perry 3D movie. So I met her for the first time, which I was totally stoked for all day...haha! but I saw a preview for this movie a while ago, and decided I wanted to see it. Cuz here's the thing. My best friend from high school sang her debut song "I kissed a girl" at one of my birthdays. So, being mormon, growing up with my father (not necessarily a gay-hater, but more a gay-non-tolerater), it was...wierd. But then I heard her "Hot-N-Cold" song, and I fell in love with her voice! She just was so awesome to me. But I didn't really get into her until last year at school when she came out with one of my favorite songs from her "Firework." A huge hit with me, and it seemed everyone else too. So I started listening to her more, thanks to one of my BYU-I friends, Kim. But all this time, she just seemed like the kind of celebrity that's like Lady Gaga to me...just...strange. :D With all those hair color changes, her debut song, well...she just seemed like she was to hard to understand. But I saw the movie yesterday with Kaleena and a couple of her other friends, and man, I just fell in love with the song that I posted. It's called "Not Like the Movies." Just because, all my life, I thought when I met my husband, or even my first boyfriend, pieces would just fall in place, and life would be a breeze for me. But I've met someone. He's not my boyfriend, but yes, I do like him. We'll see. But here's the thing. It's real. I was texting my sister today, and we talked about me and this boy. And we talked about how we help each other be better people. It's not easy, actually, sometimes it's hard. (that's what she said!) But it's helping me. So yesterday when she sang this song, I don't think I've heard it before, or at least, I didn't remember it, I almost cried. Because I've hardly known him for so little time at all. So when she says it's just the beginning, at the very end of the song. I almost choked. Plus her story with Russel. kind of a little broke my heart for her. Because, there she was at the beginning-or maybe it was the middle of the movie-when she said she's found the love of her life. Man, I feel for her. I loved the movie so much, and like I said, I do have a newfound respect for Katy Perry. Is newfound one word? Whatever. lol. But I do really love her now, she's awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment